WebSightings from 2021
A wealth of articles and news reports of interest to MGS members appears
on the web every day. As a service to our membership and others interested in paleontology and geology, links to some
of these articles and news reports appearing in 2021 will be gathered here. On occasion, a particularly
interesting post from a blog will be included.
These links are arranged by publication date, with the latest at the top.
WebSightings from 2020 can be accessed here.
If you find any dead links, please email the . Thanks.
________________________ 2021 ______________________
- Giant Predatory Worm's Ancient
Fossil Burrows Discovered, Emily Chung, CBC News, January 21, 2021.
- The Ordovician Extinction:
Our Planet's First Brush With Death, Cody Cottier, Discover, January 16, 2021.
- Rare, Nearly Complete
Fossil Reveals 'Giant Among Jurassic Sharks', Amanda Kooser, CNET, January 15, 2021.
- Fossils of New Vulture Species Found in Cuba,
Enrico de Lazaro, Sci News, January 13, 2021.
- Pioneering Research
Reveals How Teeth Functioned in Giant Mega-Sharks, University of Bristol, Sci Tech Daily, January 13, 2021.
- Fossils' Soft Tissues Helping to Solve Puzzle That Vexed Darwin,
University of Edinburgh, Phys.Org, January 12, 2021.
- Did Dinosaurs Sleep at Night?, Riley Black, Discover,
January 12, 2021.
'Hell Ant' Stuck in Amber Has Been Biting Its Prey For 99 Million Years, Carly Cassella, Science Alert, January 10, 2021.
- Megalodons Gave Birth to Large Newborns That Likely Grew By Eating Unhatched
Eggs in Womb, Science Daily, January 10, 2021.
- Another Thing a Triceratops Shares With an
Elephant, Becky Ferreira, The New York Times, January 8, 2021.
- Leaf Fossils Show Severe End-Cretaceous Plant Extinction
in Southern Argentina, Pennsylvania State University, Phys.Org, January 5, 2021.
- Massachusetts Lawmaker Wants to Name Official State Dinosaur, Phys.Org,
January 5, 2021.
- Geology Is at a Crossroads, Rocky Planet, Discover, January 4, 2021.